You can visit ISAS on Facebook: Illinois State Archaeological Society (ISAS)
ISAS MISSION STATEMENT
- To promote the study of archaeology , especially in the geographical area of Illinois.
- To encourage the keeping of accurate records by our members of all archaeological discoveries so that such finds will have scientific value.
- To promote the hobby of Indian artifact collecting by encouraging the cataloguing of artifacts so that artifacts and other ethnological materials from Illinois's prehistoric and early historic past will be of importance to our membership.
- Take a positive stance against the breaking of any Federal, state, or local laws that serve to protect archaeological sites within the State of Illinois.
- To hold shows at various times and at various locations throughout the State of Illinois.
- To cooperate with professional archaeologists in salvage archaeology.
- To encourage, and where feasible, sponsor the publication of useful reports of archaeological interest to our members.
- To participate as a member of good standing in the Central State Archaeological Societies, Inc.